Kiiza's World

Wednesday 20 August 2008

The Far I have Come

I have always looked at life as a journey that we take. It begins with a small step and soon, we are panting or chasing after something or even wondering why we began the journey. I have looked at life as a process of events that sometimes we are not aware are overtaking us, our priorities and the things we love so much. Look back to the journey and how you started and think: How did I get here?

I think of 25 years ago when my mother put me on the face of the earth. Did I think I would have a multitude of people as a part of my life then? I think of my initial years at school in 1986. Did I think I would get to the level at which I am. A friend today told me he always wondered if he'd finish P7 when he was in P2. Now, he's getting to university to read Laws. To him, it is part of a dream and process God has let him go through.

Our lives are ordered by forces beyond what we can ever imagine. Think of the shapes that you find in a different area, the people you meet everyday, the friends you talk to, the journeys you take when you leave your house and many other things. Is God a part of them or do you think it is just by luck that you are there? It does not happen that way. I remember the time when as a little kid I used to steal mummy's money and I had no remorse about it then. Now I think of it and wonder: How did God get me out of that? So many wrong decisions have I taken yet He has had the ability to pull me through the toughest of times in my life.

Like life, our salvation goes through steps. We begin by eating soft food till we can get to the meat. It is simply designed that way. God keeps surprising us with things we thought we knew, yet knew completely nothing about them. We think we love people till He shows us a different brand of love, that which He alone can explain as His. We think we've learnt a lot about His word an He shows us a verse we have kept reading yet we know nothing of or about it. Does that sound unfair from a Father that says He loves us? Absolutely No! He teaches us one thng at a time. He lets us realise that we are not there, that we are in a state and process of learning and that until He is done, we're not even going to get there.

Thus, I can never pretend that God has taught me a lot that I can learn no more. I cannot say I have become so saved that I cannot sin ever. I cannot even pretend that I know how to pray, read my Bible, practise the best Christianity or live a life holy. God alone knows where He's taking me and I am assured that until He's done His work, I am not there. I can only boast in what I have seen, the far he has led me. But I cannot ever be assured that I know where He's taking me next. The far I have come is my present moment, far different form that first day of my life or that time when I got saved. It is simply a process He keeps letting me move through, and that to me makes Christianity worth the experience.

Think about it and tell me what you think. Do you think you've reached the very end that you can learn no more from God? That's your choice, but I believe I am still and not even about to pretend that I have everything because as John Donne says in his poem 'A Hymn to God the Father"
'When Thous hast done, Thou hast not done'

Simple words, simple message, complicated meaning!

God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home