Kiiza's World

Thursday 21 June 2012

Lessons From A Life of wilderness

Today marked 15 years of the passing on of my mum. Sometimes I wonder how it has been these 15 years. June has always been a strange month for me, but somehow, I have been able to move through the years. Saturday 21st June, 1997, mum breathed her last. It seemed life was getting to a standstill, and yes, it did. It was unbelievable that a woman who had held my heart just passed on, just like that. two years earlier, dad had passed on and the effect of this only showed itself when I made 21. For mum, it seemed to be something beginning there and then. Through the years I have learnt a few things: 1. Life is to be lived in the present, not the past 2. God ought to hold the bigger share of our lives, not the people He has put in our lives 3. Life can be a bitch (and trust me, it always is when we focus on the negative). God has showed me I can only live it well when I focus on Him and not the circumstances that surround me. 4.I have a beautiful wife, and yes, she's taken the motherly role in my life. I have a sister who truly loves me and a mum who truly cares about me (Don't ask how) 5. I will always miss my mum. The pain only gets easier as the years go by. Sometimes it is so sore, sometimes it seems nothing ever happened. 6. Above all, God has the best plans for me. He knows why she died when I was 14. I have lived this long so His name can be glorified. Lost someone in life? It hurts, always hurts. But, one day we all shall die. How we die is important. We make the choices on earth, not after we have passed on. Make the right choice to put God first. Olive Gladys Nakachwa, Rest in Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger sights and sighs said...

Powerful lessons indeed. Thanks for sharing.

26 June 2012 at 04:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home