Kiiza's World

Monday 18 December 2017

Celebrating Seven

Today, my wife and I make seven

I always choose to start this day with a thank You to God and look forward to the next year. I have also chosen to begin this one with a personal journey before God for the year ending 2017. I look back at this year and think about the amazing things I have been thru:

- Our girl made three, yesssss! She is a truly special gift to both of us and I am always humbled at the fact that she is part of our journey.
- I have made some personal choices about prayer, tithing and giving to God. I hate leaving my bed, trust me, but it is one of those things that have blessed me over this previous marital year. Not all prayers have had my desires, but I have seen God give me far better than I ever deserved.
- I have chosen to love my wife even thru the toughest of times. Yes, there are those moments when it feels like love is a hard examination paper. BUT, it is a command for me to love my wife. My deepest prayer has always been that I love her more each day and thru the eyes of God.
- This year has been one of our toughest. We got some very disturbing news about her health this year. If most people were so human without God, they would have immediately wanted out. I will not say it was easy. I did break down when the news came, but with each day, I saw God strengthen us.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. I remember the statement: What if God did not make marriage to be some place where we live happily ever after but to live holily ever after? It sounds madness, but staying married is the best gift I can give both my wife and daughter. It is the best thing for me too, because I am in a more stable state of mind. Has it been easy getting this far? No! BUT, I have chosen come what may, I am here to stay.

To Lillian Tibasiima: Thanks for being the most amazing gift God's given to me, after salvation. It is a joy to spend the years before and looking forward to many more years ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Truly amazing how meaningful and fullfiling love can be with God's love in our hearts nothing can beat love. Purpose brings two pepke together, that i belueve God will make manifest to the world that awaits you both.I thank God for the two wonderful people I know you are both I believe we

18 December 2017 at 14:16  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy anniversary!

18 December 2017 at 14:17  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful lines of words

29 March 2019 at 18:43  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home